Friday, August 17, 2007

Apartment Update

So things are going well, but slow. Despite my hard work to get everything in at the begining of the month the Co-op board is just now getting all of the final things together before they start to review it. I got a lovely call from Gloria who is the Co-op's attorney. she wanted to know if I had a more recent bank statement, that might show I have more funds in my accounts. She also informed me that there is a clause in the contract that says the seller is allowed to stay in the apartment for 7 after the closing takes place. this is fairly standard according to my attorney for co-ops. however the co-op board does not allow this practice and needs it removed from the contract. So this change is the current hold up in the process. Hopefully the sellers attorney will get that done and we can be on our way. the current "on or about" date is August 31st, so hopefully it will still be close to that.

No comments: