Friday, August 10, 2007

Full Moon

Our first (trial) post to see how this works.

Sue and I had a great week at the cabin--we arrived Saturday, July 28 and left Monday, August 6. This picture of the full moon was taken from the front porch of the cabin at about 4:30 AM on Thursday, August 2.

Sue took her sewing machine and enough supplies to stock a small store. She had a great time working on the quilt she's making for Lisa and Ian.

I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at the annual conference for the CTE directors from NH. We meet in North Conway. It's a very compatible group of people, so we always have a good time (and also get lots of work done, of course).

Played golf with the "Old Man's Group" on Friday morning. A good round of 87, but we got drenched by rain that started on the 14th hole.

Fished a lot. I've started using a very old rod-reel that was in the cabin when we bought it. I even use a classic lure: a medium-sized Red Devil spoon. I've caught a fair number of fish almost every time out and, on Sunday morning, caught what was probably the biggest salmon ever (for me)--about 20". He (I assume sex in this case) was happy to be released to chase more lures.

Perhaps our best day was Thursday. I was out early on the lake. Early enough that there were no other boats, just me and a loon watching the sun rise. Spent the afternoon reading on the porch and occasionally moving enough to get something to eat/drink. Then, after dinner, we went out in our kayaks to putter along the shore. By sunset, the few boats on the lake had left so were by ourselves as we floated and watched the sun set behind Kennebago Mountain. Pretty nice, I think, to see both a sunrise and sunset from the water with nobody else around.

It's a very special place.
Chet

No comments: