Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Well pump

And, while Davey was dealing with removing filthy carpet in his new place, Sue and I were dealing with a dead pump in our well.

We woke up to no water on Monday morning (in the middle of a snowstorm). I did some layman checking and was pretty sure I could rule out every option except the pump. Sadly, that turned out to be the culprit.

Now, $1,400 later, we have that new pump--hope this one lasts 19 years like the old one did. (Actually, in 19 years, it's pretty likely that neither Sue or I will care too much about water pumps.)

It's an interesting process to see 365' of tubing being pulled out of a hole in your yard. The best line of the day, though, came from one of my golfing buddies (who was pretty flabbergasted to learn that our pump is that far underground). He said, "Damn, that's a good 9 iron!" Indeed.

No comments: