Monday, July 21, 2008

Projects

Summer always means lots of outdoor projects (It's interesting how one thing often leads to another). Here's a sampling of what we've been doing--some completed, some still in progress.

First, I sanded and re-painted the wrought iron table. It was pretty rusty, but it had also been about 20 years since the last paint job. Not bad. And I'm pleased with the result. The chairs will probably need to wait 'till next year.


Next, I re-sealed the deck. Actually, it had to be done in sections. First, I did the small porch and the stairs (you can see them in the background). Then, the screened porch. I've done about half of the remaining deck, but rain has meant the rest will have to wait for a while.


Somewhere along the way, we decided to plant climbing roses in the space between the garage windows at the front of the house. Of course, that meant installing a trellis. But, before I could do that, I had to stain the garage. You'll see that the top half of the garage still needs to be stained. Remember that rain?


Sue is always dividing plants in her gardens. This time, it's iris in the bags that will be going to neighbors, friends, and the Sharon Meeting House.


I've also cut three trees. Now it needs to be split and stacked. Also need to burn the brush (that's one time rain is welcome!).


In the meantime, Sue's daylilies and hosta are lookin' good! Summer is great, isn't it?

No comments: